Sammie The African Grey

Friday, March 10, 2006


As you can see, Sammie is beautiful. Her hatch date was July 27, 2001.

Sammie was in the cargo compartment of an airliner, on her way to NYC when the terrorists struck and her plane was forced to land at our airport. Being only three months old and still being hand fed, the crew was worried about her and called a local pet store to ask if they would take her, which they did.

Three days later, we met. The employee taught me how to feed her twice a day and I really rushed to learn how to do this because each time I would put her back into her incubator cage, she would cry and spread her wings out. It really bothered me so I learned extra fast and soon, was able to take her to her new home.

As I mentioned earlier, she has an attitude and in the above picture, she's saying, "What are you looking at?" She is "ruffled" up, resting on one foot, getting ready to take a nap and was irritated with me for taking her picture.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said…

    Yo! Sammie! It's da Trixster here all the way from Alabama...I am with ya on the picture taking thang (oh Lord, I'm picking up the Queen's Southern slang)...

    At least Dianne isn't putting hats on you.

    Animals unite! No pic taking unless we say so...are you with me, SamMeister?

    Trixie, Boxer, writer, Babe...
    http://www.queenjawjaw.com/trixie.html

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Yo, Trixster. What's up?

    Yeah, just because "she" pulls out a camera, I'm supposed to smile? I don't think so! I'm with you for sure. Dumb old redhead...I mean "my" redhead, not yours. Unless you think yours is stupid too.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Blue,

    I'll be nice to Aspen. It's the human species that I bite!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Char,

    About time you got here! Geesh, the pres of my fan club and you're just now showing up and talking about how wonderful I am!

    Please tell my many fans that I send my love and now, they can log on and read about me themselves.

    I honor you as my president. I don't honor too many humans.

    Love,

    Sammie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home