Sammie The African Grey

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sammie's Digs


From the desk of Dianne:

After feathers and dust flying through the air, my husand and I found the perfect solution. An acrylic cage with a special air filter and lighting system. A plus, it keeps the volume of her voice to a minimum.

Sammie doesn't like to poop in her cage (don't poop where you sleep?) so other than food and feathers, it stays clean. All seeds, etc., drop to a sliding drawer at the bottom. She likes to be on the floor with me while I clean it...supervising, no doubt.

Speaking of the volume of her voice, when the phone rings, she starts her own ringing sound. Then, she carries on with her own phone conversation:

Hello?
Hey, how ya doing?
Laugh, laugh.
Okay, see you later.
Click, sound of turning off the phone

It's cute but sometimes, I can't carry on my own conversation and she starts making fun of me; laughing when I laugh. And, if I'm on a business call, I always have to explain that it's my bird in the background, which always starts an off- the- subject talk about Sammie.

At one time, we had a speaker phone and to me, the most amazing sound was Sammie imitating a dial tone. It reminded me of the movie, Adaptation.

You might notice in some of the pictures that our walls are bare. We just moved to a sky flat and haven't hung the pictures yet...oh Lordy...that's another blog in itself! Moving from 4000 Sq Ft to 1115!


From the perch of Sammie:

Are you diggin' my crib? Pretty nice, huh?

As for the phone conversations, if she didn't talk on the phone so much, I wouldn't know how to imitate it! Get my drift?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home