Sammie The African Grey

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Missing in action


We apologize for our absence. I've been struggling with Migraine headaches caused by the barometric pressure here in Minnesota.

Sammie has been very demanding lately. I can't leave the flat without her throwing a fit. She wants to go with Diz and I to check the mail or carry down the trash so I struggle to lead the dog on her leash and carry the trash and lug her acrylic carrier. She speaks to the people she sees along the way, which surprises them and makes them laugh.

As I sit at the computer, she now wants to perch on my lap and watch me type. She also likes to grab paper and chew on it. I usually end up with a pile of shredded paper surrounding my feet!

In this picture, Sammie is checking to make sure I've cleaned her cage correctly.


Sammie says:

I'm gonna be nice to her today. She's been miserable lately. Don't expect it next time though!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    I'm telling you, baby stroller!! She would feel like the belle of the ball, so pampered! So glad to see you back! I'm cruising in my new moccasins baby!!

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I sit in my owner's lap when she is at the computer as well. Of course, I am better behaved and never shred paper.
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Rosa is talking about the Minnetonka Moccasins Mommie Dianne sent her! An Italian wearing Indian shoes...hmmm. Need I say more?

    Elliot-Elliot-Elliot...you don't shred paper. Is that right? Could it be due to the fact that your Mommie had all of your nails ripped out?

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Awwww, sisters!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home