Sammie The African Grey

Friday, June 30, 2006

Sammie's neighbor


My neighbor in Nashville has an AG named Gabby so we compare stories when we see each other. This is one of the funniest bird stories I've heard.

Seems Gabby was adopted by Sue when her elderly owner was no longer able to care for her. And, we know AG's can and will learn by example and they ALWAYS give us away by repeating what we've done or said.

So, when Sue gets up in the morning and Gabby sees her, she gives out a big wolf whistle. When Sue's husband enters the room, Gabby lets loose with a huge farting sound! I guess the previous owner made it a part of his early morning routine.

Is this story funny or what? And, we've posted a picture of beautiful Gabby for your enjoyment.

Dianne


What's this "we" thing? I didn't post any pictures. This is my blog after all and now, I'm expected to share it with another bird? Give me a break. I'm going on strike!

Sammie

10 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    How hillarious. Now, did Sammy....ooops, sorry.

    Sammy, did you know Gabby when you two were neighbors? Was that all the hootin' and hollering I heard one night? You birds these days!
    xoxo Your officialy ex-neighbor --sniffle, sniffle.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Sammie never met Gabby, sadly. They probably would have just stared at each other.

    Rosa, you're going to have to visit Sue and Gabby for your bird fix. And, their other bird, Henry. He's a handsome devil.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Just what we need--another bird story.
    Signed,
    Elliot the cat

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    That "French" cat, Elliot, (he just wishes he was really French) is so jealous. He doesn't even have any huevos, if you know what I mean.

    I don't fart but I do belch. Hey! I get gas sometimes. Don't we all?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Oh, and by the way Sammy, you didn't get French food BECAUSE your momma was in the South of France the last time Raphael was here. You just tell your momma that it's her fault. Always!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Well, I wasn't in Southern France so what's the excuse?

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    For those of you that don't know what Rosa and I are talking about, take a look at her blog. It's just wonderful and packed full of beautiful pics and recipes. Rosa lived across the street from us in Nashville and we never got to really know each other until I moved!

    http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:G15EuYPS9G4J:cozyrosy.blogspot.com/+&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Well darn it anyway. Links don't copy and paste for me.

    Rosa, you're much better at this technical stuff so maybe you can put a link to your blog here?

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Sammie: We're going to have to work with your momma!

    www.cozyrosy.blogspot.com

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Charleen, this means I'm the new Queen. Out with Queen Jaw Jaw (the old) and in with Queen Sammie (the new and young.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home