Sammie The African Grey

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sammies New Thing


She suddenly decided she didn't want to stay on her perch and continues to jump off and follow me all over the flat. She's having fun exploring and I put a paper bag on the floor for her to demolish.

I have to watch her around wood. I've been told it's part of the mating ritual to chew on wood and it means, don't you think I'm sexy? I guess this is the way they show off for the opposite sex. We had to have some repair work done on the house in TN where she had been showing us just how sexy she was!

There is something under the dishwasher that fascinates her. She stands there for a long time looking at it. I think she sees her reflection. She was on the floor watching me clean her perch this morning...supervising I'm sure.

When I sat at my desk, she hopped up on the lower rail and perched until I was finished. It was a struggle for her to climb and at one point, she was hanging upside down. I tried to grab the camera but by the time I did, she had uprighted herself.

Never a dull moment.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    We haven't seen the window washers in a while. Next time they show up, I'll take their picture. It must be scary for her to see two men hanging in mid-air outside, come to think of it.

    Dianne

    Well, duh...yeah...that a no-brainer!

    I don't do smoochies with dogs!

    Sammie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home