Sammie The African Grey

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My favorite place...




Sammie, Diz and I love to sit by the pond behind our building (flat). The sound of the fountain in the pond is so relaxing and there is a duck with 10 babies! I've included a picture of a few of them.

A woman who was driving by, saw us and parked her car and had to come over and look at Sammie, she was so infatuated. Sammie just stared at her, as usual. "Does she talk?" Yes, but you'd never know it. She clams up when strangers approach her.

After the woman left, a young man decided to take a nap on one of the benches so we left. Made me uncomfortable. (picture included)

Dianne


She's right. I love it out there and so does Diz. Diz and I were discussing this and don't know what we're going to do when Winter hits! Must find new location.

Sammie

7 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    What a crew! I love it. It is so pretty behind your flat!! Lucky you. (Sammie--they must fly to Nashville to get away from the winter cold up there. I would suggest you do the same--tell your mom!) Diz looks so relaxed. I've never seen her look that relaxed. Sure you're not giving her any "cocktails?" ha.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Well, I mix cocktails for her and decide to drink them myself.

    Dianne

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Birds, birds, birds. If it isn't a story about a gray bird, it's a story about ducks. Actually, my owner says that many baby ducks get eaten by turtles. At least they did in Texas.
    signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Elliot, is this just wishful thinking on your part? Have you partnered with the turtles?

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger Queen Jaw Jaw said…

    Sammy da burd....Trixster here. Come on down to my pad, SamMesiter...we got room for ya...oh heck, bring the Diz, too. What's one more? However, tell ya Mamma she can't bring her shoes...k?

    Who luvs ya honey? Da Trixster does...da Trixster!

    Trixie

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    This would mean that mom wouldn't even consider coming. She doesn't leave home without The Shoes.

    She's frustrated and in mourning right now. Seems a lot of her shoes are MIA from the move. I overheard her telling Daddy Dave that there is probably some Allied mover, wearing them in Nashville.

    I'm surprised she doesn't try to put shoes on me!

    Sammie

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    We went down to the pond last night and the baby ducks are getting so big. So cute! I'll miss them when they fly the coop or whatever it is they'll be flying from.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home