Sammie The African Grey

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

She's now a picture hanger!




We had to hire a man to hang our art pieces since they are so heavy and one wall is concrete! I've included some of them and as you can see, our tastes are very eclectic. That's from living in so many different homes, I guess.

Sammie was under my desk, watching the guy as he drilled holes and pounded nails into the walls. Sure enough, she was imitating the sound of the hammer and moving her head up and down, just like she was hammering. She also started making the drilling sound. The guy is looking around like, what the...? I said, "It's the bird, it's the bird!" He got this strange look on his face.

Sammie has become irritated if I leave the room and don't take her with me. Such a high-maintenance girl. She says, "Dianne, Dianne, where are you?" Then, in a very loud voice..."Hey!!!!"

Dianne


Why should I be left in the room, all alone? Am I not part of this family? She knows that if she doesn't take me with her, I'm going to find something to destroy.

Sammie

4 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Geeze, what a spoiled bird.
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    It's true! The French are so jealous!

    Fans, my cousin, Seth has graced us with his presence. His mommie has promised to send pictures so Dianne can post them here.

    He's the reason my mommie became interested in Grey's. I'm excited to share with all of you about some of the very cool things he does. He's as funny as I am!

    We met a few years ago but only stared at each other.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    I'm sure you are beginning to feel at home now that you have your pictures hung. Doesn't it make the world of difference!
    Sammie, you crack me up. I'm sure the Mrs. loves the hammering noises! haha.

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Charleen, if you and JJ had come to Nashville, we could've invited Rosa and played music really loud and danced all night. I love to dance! I loved it when Mommie Dianne had a girl's night at the house. I always joined in. The noisier, the better.

    I think she's just gonna have to fly to Vegas but you know what that means...I'll have to stay home. Darn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home