Sammie The African Grey

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The ducks are gone...



We walked along the edge of the pond yesterday and no signs of the baby ducks or mom. I guess she taught them to fly and they have taken off for parts unknown. Next year we'll watch for a new "batch."

We had a heat wave like the rest of the country, for a few days. I felt like we were back in Arizona. But, it's beautiful now with perfect weather. However, my time has been spent in the flat, waiting for yet, more installers. Today, we're getting a water softener. I've never seen water this bad. It's ruining my dishes and glassware so, imagine what it does to hair! Yuck. Friday, the electrician is coming to install lighting for the art work and dark areas of this flat.

I've included a picture of the back of our building. We live on the opposite side. While the view of the pond is nice, you also see the highway, something we didn't care for.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Geez Sammie, what will she need next--a central vac? We all know she likes those hairy legged workmen in the flat, now don't we!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    --and yes, that was your back yard in the rainy picture, pout.

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Central Vac...now, that's an option. Either that or a big hole in the floor to sweep bird seed into.

    How is the old house looking with the new occupants? Do they use the front porch?

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I vote for a central vac--suck that bird right up.
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    No sight of the Mrs. yet. Still cruising round the carribean, I suppose. heheheheh (I'm getting as bad as you, Sammie!) No porch sightings of any sort either. Buh humbug on those with porches who don't use them. (But it has been kinda hotter than usual here and they are from CA!) There I go again. Smack!

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I'm gonna have to smack Rosa and Elliot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home