Sammie The African Grey

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's getting cooler


I believe fall is in the air. We can no longer leave the window by Sammie's cage opened at night. Diz is hating this weather!

I hired a different critter sitter for out last trip as our usual one was out of town. She brought African Tribal music and played it and said Sammie went crazy! She danced and sang and yelled and wiped her beak on the perch. Could it be her Congo Bloodlines coming out?

Sammie has always loved music but you never know what she'll dance to. I've been singing the song, Jose Cuervo, to her as a good friend of mine wrote it. She's listening very intently. I sing it to her while I'm taking a shower so my question is...will she also pick up the echo sound from the shower? Time will tell.

She also loves our player piano and sings like crazy! I think we have a star on our hands.

I was cleaning her cage and she jumped off her perch and climbed on the opened, bottom drawers. When I started the vacuum to clean the top, she didn't jump. The bird is fearless.

Dianne



I'm fearless, a good singer and great dancer. Any single male birds out there?

Sammie

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    I am friskier since the weather has cooled down as well. I run from end to end of the room and chase my tail.
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home