Sammie The African Grey

Friday, October 13, 2006

Pomagranate Season





Sammie's favorite food is pomagranate's. Yes, they are extremely messy and stain but she manages to get the liquid from the seeds, off of her feathers while my fingers remained stained.

This is supposed to be the best fruit for you and packed full of antioxidents. So, she's eating very healthy these days.

I put it on a napkin on the counter top so she wouldn't spray the liquid all over the place. While I wasn't looking, she managed to grab a new pomagranate and opened it herself.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Now, see...a cat would never do this!
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Linda, can you get them in France? Remember eating them in high school? It's strange how many people in this part of the states have never had them.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Yes, they are available here. They call them granades which, I think, means the same as an exploding hand grenade-the interior must look like something exploded when opened. Maurice doesn't eat them much and looks a little puzzled by my love of them. In fact, I had one last night and have one of the seeds lodged in between two teeth that I can't get out. They sure do make a mess but I love them. I also read that they are wonderful for prostate problems, even prostate cancer, for what it's worth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home