Sammie The African Grey

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

She's still a baby


When Sammie is feeling extra loving toward me, she reverts to her baby days when I was still hand feeding her. She grabs my thumb and index finger and nurses them. I've got to tell you that it melts my heart. She will also try to regurgitate on me, which is the deepest sign of love that a bird can show.

I have to be careful at times because she starts believing I'm her mate and well, there are certain things I just can't do and she gets all mean and bites when I can't. Don't take me there!

She either fell or jumped off her perch in the cage last night and the hub told me about it and I replied that she'd be fine, she could climb back up the ladder. Well, she didn't or couldn't so she spent the night on the bottom of her cage and can we say guilt very loudly? I'm sure she just perched on the bottom and I never heard her crying for me so I guess she was fine with it.

I did a brilliant thing. Got a new camera and exported all my pictures to the new program. Somehow, I deleted all of them. Gads. Where is my sister when I need her? As you can see, I'm not real good with the new camera and this shot is blurred but we'll get there.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    I have a hair ball or two but I have never regurgitated on my mother. Just one more thing on the list of why CATS ARE SUPERIOR TO BIRDS!
    Signed,
    Elliot the Cat

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You just hack up fur balls? Now, that's appealing! Do you drag in dead rodents too?

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hey Reeta and Rosee! Mommy told me all about you and said you guys were too cute. Little tiny cuties.

    She came home all excited because she won again on the slots. She's lucky that way. And, I got nothing, as usual but I'm expecting something after Diz and I are finished putting a big guilt trip on her!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Regurgitate? Lovely. I'm glad your mom thinks it's sweet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home